Congratulations, OHSU graduates! It has been our pleasure to support your learning here at OHSU.
If you are leaving OHSU, here’s some information to help you wrap up and plan your ongoing access to the literature.
Return OHSU Library books: If you have any books checked out from OHSU Library, please return them to one of our three book return drops which are located:
- Inside the BICC on the 3rd floor, outside the Library’s main entrance doors
- At the end of the BICC skybridge near the Parking Lot C pay stations
- At the base of the Tram.
If you aren’t based in Portland or can’t get to one of our book drops, please contact us and we’ll help you find another way to get your books back to us.
If you have a lost book that was never returned, you will need to pay for it. Please contact us for help with that—we are happy to work with you.
Access to online resources: As a graduating student, your access to the Library’s online resources ends soon after graduation. Sadly OHSU alumni are not eligible for access to the Library’s online resources due to licensing restrictions with our vendors.
How will you access information and literature in the future? Here are some options.
- Regardless of your location, check with your new employer to see what’s available. Some hospitals have libraries that can provide access to electronic resources.
- Your local public library may offer some full-text article online databases or be able to get scanned articles or print books for you via their Interlibrary Loan department.
- Once the OHSU Library reopens to the community, you can access all of our electronic resources from computers at the Library (BICC 3rd floor) during our regular open hours.
- If you are a licensed healthcare provider in Oregon, you can use the Access Medicine database of full-text books and clinical resources through OHSU by signing up for an account.
- If you’re a licensed MD or DO in Oregon, your medical board fees give you access to Reprints Desk, where you can request up to 50 articles a year at no cost.
- OHSU alumni can get an OHSU Library Card that allows you to request and check out books which you can pick up in person from our Marquam Hill location.
Outside of Oregon
- Take a look at the directory of libraries in the Network of the National Library of Medicine for a health sciences library near you. You will likely be able to access electronic resources from their building if they are open to the public.