We at the OHSU Library hope that you are staying safe, healthy, and connected during this holiday season. We have mobilized to adapt our programs and services, and added new resources. Several library staff were promoted to recognize their increasing expertise and responsibilities. Together we have collaboratively implemented creative solutions to share our network of services and resources. Highlights include:
- Launching a chat service so anyone can contact us and get an immediate response M-F 8 am –6 pm.
- Significantly increasing our appointment hours to provide more opportunities to connect with library experts.
- Working with instructors to acquire and increase access to textbooks and course reserves to support learners.
- Creating virtual consultation spaces for learners, especially those on clinical rotations, to conveniently and privately meet with librarians or student support services.
We affirm our commitment to supporting and advocating for our marginalized community members and to help OHSU become an anti-racist institution. We have a long way to go, but this ongoing work includes:
- Building staff capacity to interrupt microaggressions and improve our environment through a workshop involving Library and Student Services staff.
- Promoting Tova Johnson to the position of Critical Pedagogy and Research Librarian to lead the Library’s efforts to align our instruction with antiracist, intersectional, decolonial, and other frameworks.
With welcoming our new Director of Special Collections, Maria Cunningham, we:
- Developed a new robust and interactive digital history tour of the Marquam Hill campus and collection highlight videos.
- Offered more virtual programming such as curator’s talks and We hope you’ll join us February 15th for our History of Surgery Lecture with Dr. Leo Daab.
We appreciate your continued engagement with the Library. To learn how you can help support our work, please visit our Support the Library page.
With best wishes for the New Year,
Kris Alpi, University Librarian and all of us at the OHSU Library