In our latest podcast episode, we invite the Fishing Forward podcast team to share important research that can help improve the safety and health for commercial fishermen and their families. The Fishing Forward team brings stories of fishermen to the community.
Fishing Forward is a podcast inspired by fishermen, for fishermen. Fishing Forward focuses on the well-being of the commercial fishing industry and is funded by the Northeast Center for Occupational Health and Safety and produced by the team at Coastal Routes Radio at the University of Guelph.
Fishing Forward team members interviewed on our podcast
- Julie Sorensen is the Director of the Northeast Center for Occupational Health and Safety: Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing. Dr. Sorensen was responsible for funding the podcast and assisted with identifying content experts for a number of episodes, as well as reviewing and providing feedback on content.
- Rebecca Weil is the commercial fishing research coordinator at the Northeast Center for Occupational Health and Safety. Along with Maryellen Driscoll, Weil co-led the meetings and outreach for the Fishing Forward team, assisting with identifying topics, fishermen and researchers for episodes.
- Monique Coombs is the Director of Community Programs at the Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association. Monique’s programs include topics like Working Waterfront and Fishermen Wellness. She is also part of a commercial fishing family.
- Hannah Harrison is a human ecologist and assistant professor of marine affairs at Dalhousie University in Halifax in Nova Scotia. She is one of the hosts for the Fishing Forward podcast. She is interested in the human dimensions of small-scale fisheries and fisheries conservation. You can connect with her on most social media platforms @fishpeopleplace.
Where can I listen to the latest “What’s Work Got To Do With It?” podcast episode
- Visit our podcast page
- Listen on Soundcloud.com or download the Soundcloud app for your Apple iOS or Android device and search “OccHealthSci”
- Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcast
- Listen on iHeart Radio, TuneIn and Spotify
- OHWC’s YouTube channel.
Community feedback is important to us. Enjoy listening to the What’s Work Got To Do With It? Please consider leaving us a 5-star review and subscribe to our podcast. We appreciate your support!