Come attend the second annual Healthy Aging Alliance conference: The Science and Art of Healthy Aging on October 10, 2012 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Portland Art Museum. This creative, interdisciplinary conference will include:
- Dr. Walter Bortz of Stanford University, one of America’s most distinguished scientific experts on aging and longevity on “The Plasticity of Human Aging”
- Dr. Larry Sherman of OHSU on “How Music Helps the Aging Brain” (piano performance included)
Scientific Panel Discussions
- “Sleep and Circadian Rhythms during Aging” with Drs. Steven Shea, Alfred Lewy, and Henryk Urbanski
- “Technology and Movement” with Tracy Zitzelberger, Mattie Gregor, and Dr. Steve Arneric of Eli Lilly and Company
- Art, dance performances, networking, and judged scientific poster session
This event is part of OHSU’s 125th Anniversary titled “Body Beautiful Everlasting,” in conjunction with “The Body Beautiful” Exhibit of ancient Greek and Roman sculptures (in collaboration with the Renowned British Museum). Registration begins at 12:30 p.m. and those who participate in the full educational event are welcome to tour the museum exhibit after the conference.
Date: October 10, 2012
Time: 1 to 6 p.m. (registration at 12:30 p.m.)
Location: Portland Art Museum, 1219 SW Park Ave
Conference fee: $15 (waived for students/postdocs submitting posters and those who wish only to attend the keynote address)
Who may attend: Everyone!
To register: Go to the Healthy Aging Alliance website and click “register here.”
For questions or concerns, please email the Healthy Aging Alliance. The Healthy Aging Alliance is co-chaired by Dr. Elizabeth Eckstrom and Dr. Henryk Urbanski. This conference is sponsored by the Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute, in partnership with the Portland Art Museum, with support from the OHSU Technology Transfer and Business Development Office, the OHSU Brain Institute, and the OHSU Foundation.