NIH Public Access Policy changes coming that will affect your funding

Updated 2/14: The brown bag session has been postponed until Friday, March 1 due to a scheduling conflict.

You probably know you need a Pub Med Central ID number for all publications from April 2008 and later that have been supported by the NIH. You may have even gotten a reminder when you submit your progress reports. But starting  this spring, the NIH will be adding some teeth to the enforcement of this policy: funds will be withheld from continuing renewals if you are not in compliance with the NIH Public Access Policy. To be in compliance, you must submit peer-reviewed publications resulting from NIH awards to PubMed Central and report these publications to the NIH in your progress report.

Refer to the NIH notice on Changes to Public Access Policy Reporting Requirements for more information, including details for both electronic and paper progress reporting. On Friday, March 1 at 12 p.m. in Mac Hall 2201, we will hold a brown bag to answer your questions about the policy and give you information about OHSU resources and tools that you can use to manage your compliance with this policy.

Not sure whether your paper has a PubMed Central ID? You can use this widget to find out, by typing in the PubMed ID number.