On Feb. 24, the Patient Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) Board of Governors adopted a process for primary research peer-review and results-posting as a key part of a broader dissemination and implementation plan. The process is designed to balance the challenges of ensuring the timely release of research results while also assessing their scientific integrity.
Key elements of the new process include:
- Study registration guidelines
- Clinical trial study results submission guidelines
- Final report requirements and composition
- Composition guidelines for peer-review teams
- Requirements for preparing and posting results summaries
No information on an implementation timeline is available at this time. Stay tuned.