Several construction and upgrade projects are under way on the Marquam Hill campus and will continue into the summer and beyond.
Richard Jones Hall
Between now and July, the 4th floor of Richard Jones Hall will be retrofitted with new infrastructure and have new space created for new tenants. The space has become available because previous tenants have moved to the Collaborative Life Science Building. Construction work is scheduled to occur between 5 a.m. and 2 p.m. weekdays, and there will be some disruption. Potential impacts include:
- Noise during construction
- Wayfinding and traffic pattern changes
- Existing room reservations may need to be adjusted
Log into O2 to find out more about the project.
The Auditorium (Old Library), which was originally constructed in 1938, is set for a major facelift beginning in May. This gathering space–the largest on the Marquam Hill campus–will be upgraded with ADA-accessible restrooms, air conditioning, and modernized conference space. This work will be done in phases over the next few years.
The planning of improvements has been under way for several months. Upgrades include:
- Heating and cooling system
- New finishes and lighting in the Grand Hall entrance
- Auditorium/large conference room upgrades
- Elevator addition for ADA accessibility
- Restroom remodel for ADA accessibility
- Conference center redesign to accommodate more meetings, community events and receptions
- Office area renovation
- Landscape changes and exterior cleaning
Find out about the specific improvements, timelines, and how to reserve meeting space here.