The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) is hosting a free one-day workshop on understanding their pragmatic clinical studies initiative. The main speaker will be Dr. David Hickam, program director of the Clinical Effectiveness Research program at PCORI and former OHSU professor.
This workshop is specifically designed for experienced clinical investigators and will address:
- PCORI’s funding opportunities, letters of intent and application requirements.
- PCORI’s priority clinical areas and targeted research topics.
- Problems and questions that may arise in the early stages of conducting a large pragmatic clinical study.
- Challenges in conducting clinical trials.
- Insights into ways to overcome the common pitfalls associated with clinical trials.
- Approaches to mapping out the recruitment process.
- PCORI’s model of stakeholder engagement and team science.
- Case studies that highlight effective models for developing clinical studies.
Sunday, Sept. 20, 2015
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 21, 2015
9 a.m. to 5 p.m
Embassy Suites Portland – Airport
7900 NE 82nd Avenue
Portland, Oregon 97220
For questions, email email@example.com.