The signature conference of OHSU Technology Transfer and Business Development connects OHSU innovators, industry partners, investors, and community collaborators. The day includes startup pitches, insights from industry thought leaders, and successful collaboration stories.
In the first panel of the 2017 Commercialization Conference, Brian Druker, M.D., and four industry leaders will discuss breakthroughs that are transforming healthcare. Harry Glorkian from GE Ventures will moderate the panel that includes Druker, Brian Lawrence from global technology company Welch Allyn/Hill-Rom, John Hill from GE, and Sam Adams from IBM.
Thursday, Sept. 14, 2017
7:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Collaborative Life Sciences Building
What’s in store—some highlights:
- Executive panel: Breakthrough innovations transforming healthcare
- Pharma’s transition from internal R&D to external collaborations
- Role of molecular imaging in the modern era of medicine
- Women’s contributions to innovation in science and business
Strategies for funding:
- Drawing interest from VC’s and Angel investors
- Alternative funding for innovation and startup companies
The 2017 slate of speakers includes two keynote speakers:
- William Ruh, digital transformer and CEO of GE Digital
- Gerry Langeler, venture capitalist and managing director of OVP Venture Partners
All OHSU faculty, researchers, students, and staff are welcome to attend. Speaker information and the full agenda can be found at the 2017 Commercialization Conference website.