The Office of the Senior Vice President for Research has released its call for proposals for the FY2019 winter OHSU Presidential Bridge Funding Program. Bridge funding is available for established investigators threatened by an imminent lapse in research support. Applications are due by Friday, Jan. 4, 2019.
New for FY2019: Bridge funding can also support K-award (or similar)-funded investigators who are threatened by a lapse in funding that is needed to establish independence.
Investigators can request up to $50,000 in funding for one year to help bridge them while they generate data to restore funding. Up to four awards will be made this cycle.
Awards will be made only to OHSU investigators. The principal investigator must be an independent scientist. Independence is defined by:
- Rank at the level of assistant professor or above;
- Committed institutional support such as space and salary;
- A track record of first authored or senior authored publications;
- A recent history of federal (or similar) funding; and
- Imminently planned or pending application for funding on a national level.
Awards may be made to junior faculty if they meet the evaluation criteria. See the RFA for details.
Postdoctoral fellows and similar trainees are not eligible to apply as principal investigators.
Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 4, 2019. View guidelines and instructions here.