Research Administration Training and Education is offering two classes in February 2019. RATE connects research administrators and others working in support of the research mission with a variety of learning experiences and resources.
RATE InfoEd: for Grants.gov submission
Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019
8:30 a.m. to noon
BICC, room 122
InfoEd’s Proposal Development module is required for preparing grants.gov and non-grants.gov submissions that go through the Office of Proposal and Award Management. The electronic Proposed Project Questionnaire is completed within InfoEd for both grants.gov and non-grants.gov submissions.
Walk step-by-step through the process of creating and routing an NIH R01 proposal in this hands-on computer lab course. Learn to prepare and route non-R01 proposals as well. After building the proposal, you will learn to complete and appropriately route an electronic Proposed Project Questionnaire (ePPQ).
Who should attend?
Anyone in the Research Mission who submits proposals and/or ePPQs.
Prerequisite: RATE InfoEd Overview
RATE Effort Certification & DHHS Salary Cap Refresher
Tuesday, Feb. 26, 2019
1 to 3 p.m.
Center for Health & Healing, room 3181-1B
This drop-in session is offered before the Effort Certification deadline so that Department Effort Coordinators can bring statements they would like to discuss with OHSU’s Institutional Effort Coordinator.
Who should attend?
- Department Effort Coordinators (DECs)
- Any Department Administrators who work closely with DECs to accurately report effort and get it certified.
- Especially for DECs who have issues or questions about their effort statements.
How will you benefit?
- Identify your role and responsibilities for this process.
- Gain understanding of the DHHS salary cap, one of the more complicated aspects of effort certification.
- Become familiar with the tools and resources necessary to stay in compliance with this requirement.
- Confirm that your department’s certifications will be approved the first time they’re submitted.