The Portland Clinical Research Professional Conference is a key component of OHSU Research Week, which takes place May 2-5 this year. The conference is for clinical research professionals who ensure the ongoing integrity of research within their institutions.
Portland Clinical Research
May 4, 2022
7:45 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The conference organizers are OHSU, the Northwest Association of Biomedical Research (NWABR), the Oregon Chapter of Society of the Clinical Research Associates (SOCRA) and the Pacific Northwest Chapter of ACRP.
The conference will have a Main Hall and two breakout tracks — HR/FERPA and Translational/Basic. Below are keynotes and schedule highlights. Find CE and schedule details and registration information on the conference website.
- Niecy Duncan, Diversity in research (Morning)
- John Reites, Co-creating adaptive trials (Midday)
- Blake Adams, Centralized remote monitoring (Closing)
Presentations in the Main Hall
- Ling Yang, M.D., Ph.D., FDA’s Bioresearch Monitoring (BIMO) program and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) inspections
- TJ Billard, Ph.D., Conducting research with transgender populations: Methodological and ethical considerations
- Beyond e-consent
- Leveraging data for health care innovation
- Resilience and well-being: Building strength for the road ahead
- Staff engagement, growth, and retention
- Onboarding staff during Covid
- Understanding and applying Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Study feasibility, analysis and best practices
- A primer on informed consent
- Essentials of data reconstruction for clinical trials
Sponsors include the Oregon Alliance of Clinical Researchers, Advarra, Western Institutional Review Board and Florence.
There is no fee for OHSU members to attend. Use the code OHSUSTAFF.