Thanks for making Research Week 2022 a smashing success. If you missed keynotes or the scientist profiles on OHSU Now, now’s the time to do that.
Research Week profiles on OHSU News
Strategic Communications highlighted five OHSU physicians and scientists for Research Week. Be sure to check out these profiles of your colleagues on OHSU Now!
- Geolani Dy provides gender-affirming surgical care for transgender and non-binary patients.
- Ana Quiñones studies how the issues of health conditions and health status affect some members of society more than others.
- Laura Heiser uses systems biology to reveal and counter tumor drug resistance.
- Marian Dale applies old-fashioned physical exams with leading-edge research to treat patients with movement disorders.
- Kathleen Carlson brings injury epidemiology and community engagement to developing a gun violence prevention research center at OHSU.
Recordings of Research Week keynotes
If you missed any of the keynotes and would like to watch the recordings, these are available to view now.
- Never board: A ludological perspective of academic research, Students’ Choice Keynote
Colin Coleman, doctoral student in Cell and Developmental Biology, OHSU.
- Making a difference in health: Can we change conditions, not just individuals?, Research Week Keynote
Marguerita Lightfoot, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Research, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health
- Hearing, concussion and sound processing in the brain, Mild Traumatic Brain Injury Symposium Keynote
Nina Kraus, Ph.D., Hugh Knowles professor of Communication Sciences, Neurobiology, and Otolaryngology, Northwestern University
- Watching the fetal brain develop: Can MRI predict neurological disorders?, Brain Awareness Lecture
Christopher Kroenke, Ph.D., professor, Behavioral Neuroscience, and scientist, Advanced Imaging Research Center and Oregon National Primate Research Center
Recordings of Innovation Day keynotes and sessions
- Paul R. Sanberg, Ph.D., D.Sc., president, National Academy of Inventors (NAI)
- Introduced by Danny Jacobs, M.D., M.P.H., FACS, president, OHSU
- James Evans, Ph.D., PNNL, with Steve Reichow, Ph.D., OHSU
- Luis Carvajal, Ph.D., Kronos Bio, with Tania Vu, Ph.D., OHSU
- CytoImage: Dan Snyder, M.B.A., CEO
- Inherent Targeting: Connor Barth, Ph.D., CEO/Co-Founder
- CenterMom: David Starr, M.B.A., CEO/co-founder and Ellen Tilden, Ph.D., chief scientific officer/co-founder
- Auxetics: John Kaufman, M.D., co-founder
OHSU technologies take center stage in pitch-style presentation forum.
- Evan Fontaine – CRISIS ventilator
- Sunghee Chai Ph.D. – Strong micro-promoters for AAV gene therapy
- Yu-Jui (Roger) Chiu, Ph.D. – Novel dielectric flow cell fractionation device
- Elise Erickson Ph.D., CNM – Deciphering the due date: biological rhythms and readiness for birth
Graciela Gomez Cowger, J.D., CEO, Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt, was joined by Aditi Martin, Ph.D., senior director, OHSU Collaborations and Entrepreneurship, for a conversation on diversity and equity in innovation, moderated by Marguerita Lightfoot, Ph.D., associate dean, Research, OHSU-PSU School of Public Health.
Thanks for a great Research Week 2022! We’re looking forward to next year.